HELENA – an investment in the future
The Graduate School Environmental Health serves as an ideal career springboard through excellent research, training and networks. More...
International call opens from May 10 - June 29, 2018. The International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes focuses on interdisciplinary and translational training providing future research leaders with an excellent environment to study the diverse aspects of diabetes.
Next lecture 15.05.18 - Development of a proprietary therapeutic antibody from bench to bedside
A perfect time for science communication! Join TUM Junge Akademie´s StreetScience team at the Streelife Festival in Munich on May 5th and 6th. The Junge Akademie´s project team is looking for participants to present their research in one of the largest street festivals in Europe. Get more...
Pint of Science Germany invites scientists to your favourite local bars to discuss their latest research and discoveries over a drink or two. This is the perfect opportunity to meet scientists and ask questions. Come share a drink with us!
HELENA provides exceptional opportunities for graduate students:
- Doctoral work in interdisciplinary research teams at one of the leading centers for health and environment research
- Intensive scientific training in one of the eight thematic fields
- Translational projects with close links between basic and clinical research
- Access to state-of-the-art platforms and training in the latest technologies
- Networking on an international scale, with financial support for attending international conferences and for research stays at other institutions
- Promotion of independence and self-management
- Intensive guidance and mentoring by a personal Thesis Committee
- Design of an individual training program
- Career promotion and training in management, leadership and communication
- Conferral of a doctorate from either Ludwig-Maximians-Universität (LMU) or Technische Universität München (TUM)